This course is designed for anyone who is working or seeking a career in food preparation and/or food service.
It will give you basic knowledge of nutrition which will help you prepare well-balanced meals and menus, the result of which will have a positive impact on health as well as an understanding of special dietary requirements.
The duration of this qualification must be a minimum of 4 hours in the classroom.
The course is made up of theoretical sessions delivered by your Instructor who will provide a detailed course programme.
- The principle of balanced diets
- Current Government nutritional guidelines for a healthy diet
- Sources of essential nutrients
- The impact of diet on health
- Catering practices that help maintain the nutritional value of food
- How to plan and provide special diets
- The impact of special diets on health
- Catering practices to be considered when planning and providing meals for those on special diets
Certification is achieved by on-going theoretical teaching by the instructor, culminating with a multiple-choice question paper at the end.