This training enables users to administer oxygen safely and effectively, for casualties with breathing difficulties. Delegates will learn how and when to administer oxygen to a casualty and the safety concerns with carrying, storing and administering it.
This course is suitable for qualified First Aiders, Emergency First Aiders, dental practitioners and dental care professionals, nurses, healthcare professionals and others working in an environment where oxygen is available for casualty welfare.
Course Duration: 1/2 Day
This is a classroom-based course of 3 guided learning hours.
A maximum of 12 students can be accommodated on this course.
The course is made up of theoretical sessions delivered by your Instructor who will provide a detailed course programme.
A range of subjects are covered that will enable:-
- The learner to have an understanding of the respiratory system
- The learner to have an understanding of the circulatory system
- Understanding when to give O2
- Identifying the types of equipment
- Understanding safety and storage when using O2
A recognised qualification will be awarded on successful completion of this training.